Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Australia, Home, and God.



I've now been in Australia for 5 months.  Some days it feels like a lifetime and other days if feels like I just arrived.  I'm not gonna lie, I miss home, family, and my friends, a lot.  However, I know that God has called me here for a specific purpose, and I must stay focused, and be diligent in surrendering daily to the call that God has placed in my heart. To say that I have learned a couple things since I've been here would be a drastic understatement.  He is re-shaping me altogether, stretching me, pushing me to my limits, challenging me, teaching me about how He has divinely created me and gifted me to do His work.  At times I feel like what's the purpose if I know I'm just going home in September, but I trust that God has me here to shape me for things to come in my life and ministry.  I trust in His sovereignty, or at least I'm trying.  So when life here gets tough and I just wanna run home, I pray (and I ask that you do the same) that I will persevere and praise God for where He has me, and serve Him here and now with a heart of gladness.  After all I am living on the Sunshine Coast, possibly one of the most beautiful places in the world, who am I to be disgruntle about where life has taken me.

Well enough serious talk for one day lets talk about a few things I wish I had from home (just in case you want to help make these things appear at my door step)
  • Taco Bell
  • hot n spicy from mcdonalds (the dollar menu in general really)
  • sweet tea
  • mexican food (especially nachos fajitas from Mi Pueblo)
  • Josh and Jacob Moseley
  • BBQ
  • Michael Gallup and all his beauty
  • homemade biscuits 
  • deer hunting
  • chili
  • Allison Demott and her domestic goodness
  • my Gary Fisher and riding with Jacob
  • cold weather
  • my momma

4 comments:

  1. mhmm.
    I miss you and your angel voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always praying for you Cliff :) Seriously tho, that six months will be gone as fast as the first, so enjoy what you have left, and just so u know Australia is a better country for having you here .....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cami makes really good biscuits!! :)

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete